By Richard Potter
LAST year proved to be a very busy year for commercial and residential property agents in Corby. New housing, improved infrastructure, new businesses locating in the town, very little available business space and massive new development both under way and planned all bode well for 2019.
* Eddie Stobart are taking 875,000 square feet at Midlands Logistics Park on Geddington Road
* Bosch Siemens are taking 1,000,000 square feet at Midlands Logistics Park on Geddington
* A further 550,000 square feet is planned to be built for a major logistics company
* Mulberry Developments secured a further 200 acres for commercial development
* Revcap have funded the purchase of Rockingham Park including extensive open storage,
racetrack and offices
* Sovereign Land demolished a multi-storey car park and created new car parking for the town centre with lifts and frontage for new store
* Aldi opened second Corby store on the roundabout at Oakley Hay
* Corby Borough Council continue to buy income-producing assets showing their faith in
the town with purchases including the Matalan unit on Curver Way, the Staples unit on Mitchell Road and the Pearson Training Academy on Bangrave Road
* A 3.5 acre gateway site on A43 was sold to developers for new unit and possible drive through/leisure facility
* Persimmon and Mulberry have built large number of new houses in Weldon; both
developers report excellent levels of sales and are achieving record prices for new
houses in Corby
* Urban and Civic continue their successful disposal of residential sites at Priors Hall Park
* Urban and Civic are building a new management office and cafe at Priors Hall Park
Corby won the award of the UK's Greatest Town 2018 by the Academy of Urbanism with
Chairman David Rudlin stating: "Corby has achieved what many towns in the wider ripples of the 'London effect' hope to - a desirable, affordable, well-connected place to live and bring up a family, whether you are a commuter into London or working locally in one of the town's many new businesses.
"Corby's transition over the past decade is an excellent example of what can be achieved by creating a shared vision and, most importantly, seeing it through."
For any advice on commercial property or land in and around Corby contact Potter
Learoyd Commercial on 01536 560400