By Phil Harris
Harris & Co
UNDERSTANDING the needs of a business, particularly an SME, often comes from direct experience in setting up and running your own company.
Phil Harris founded the chartered accountancy firm Harris & Co in 1990 and over 30 years has gained a wealth of knowledge of the benefits and pitfalls of having your own business.
From its offices in Pavilion Drive on Northampton Business Park, Harris & Co specialises in providing accountancy and business advice services for small to medium sized local businesses.
Phil said: "My aim was to create the kind of service I would want from my accountants if I were in business for myself. We must be doing something right because we regularly attract new clients, rarely lose a client and have grown every year since 1990.
"By focusing on our clients and their businesses, we ensure they benefit from a tailored service that exploits our total flexibility in meeting their business accounting, advisory and tax requirements."
Harris & Co's services include
* Extensive financial expertise backed up by rigorous specialist training and ongoing professional development
* Helping with all tax decisions, limit tax liabilities and identify the deductions and credits which small and medium sized businesses are entitled to. The team can help clients stay up to date with changing legislation and offer advice that will give SMEs a competitive advantage.
* Helping clients decide on the right trading structure.
* Keeping proper records - HMRC can fine businesses up to £3,000 for failing to keep suitable records. Harris can help with this task and keep businesses compliant.
* Finding the right technology and software packages. Harris & Co is ideally placed to help the 80 per cent of SMEs who do not use accounting software for tax and accountancy.
* Helping clients make better management decisions by giving up-to-the-minute management accounts, instantly detecting problems before they become a threat.
* Financial projections and cash flow forecasts.
* Helping create a realistic budget and help clients balance fixed and variable costs.
* Ensuring the right systems are in place to stay in control of business activities as a business grows and expands.
* Simplifying the tax returns process, so that clients have peace of mind and don't have to worry about penalties for the late submission of returns.
For further information about the full range of services provided by Harris & Co, telephone 01604 660661 or visit the website www.harrisandco.biz