A message from Brackmills BID CEO Sara Homer (pictured).
IT GIVES me enormous pleasure to be CEO of Brackmills Business Improvement District and, as we approach the end of our third five-year term, I am proud to look back at the projects, events and initiatives that have made such a positive, transformative difference to our estate.
Our current five-year BID term is set to conclude at the end of May 2024 so this is the perfect opportunity to not just reflect on the last five years but also to look back at our last 15 years as a Business Improvement District. It was in March 2009 that businesses on Brackmills first voted YES to BID status.
Reflecting on 2008, a time before our BID status was established, Brackmills was markedly different. Our estate was then a prime target for criminal gangs involved in thefts from and of lorries. Lay-bys and verges were crowded with parked cars, and several road hazards had resulted in fatalities.
Fast forward to the present, and crime is at an all-time low, our roads are well-maintained, we invest in annual winter gritting, we have managed cycle paths and safer footpaths and the overall ambiance of the estate is cleaner and greener.
In our first term as a BID we:
- Installed CCTV and ANPR cameras;
- Funded additional yellow lines and parking lay-bys;
- Launched our new website, complete with a business directory and transport information;
- Invested in extra winter gritting;
- Recruited our first Police Community Support Officer (PCSO);
- Implemented new traffic calming measures;
- Created new cycle paths ;
- Invested in more bus stops and litter bins.
In our second five-year BID term we:
- Continued to invest in winter gritting;
- Funded additional security;
- Relaunched our website;
- Invested in major infrastructure improvements;
- Funded a range of landscaping projects;
- Upgraded our cameras and invested in additional security.
The last five years have been particularly exciting. Our focus on safety and security has seen crime continue to drop to an all-time low, the estate’s environment has never looked cleaner or greener and we have continued to focus on infrastructure projects , which we are committed to ramping up over the coming five years. We have also focused on supporting businesses and their employees to thrive.
Looking ahead, our focus is on delivering a clear plan for the next five years with security, safety, infrastructure, the environment, our businesses and people at the very heart of all we do.
Find out more: brackmillsindustrialestate.co.uk
BRACKMILLS BID BALLOT TIMETABLE
- February 15, 2024 Ballot period begins.
- March 13, 2024 Ballot closes at 5pm.
- March 14, 2024 Ballot result announced.
- June 1, 2024 New BID 5-year term scheduled to commence.